Top 5 Trends in Promotional Apparel for 2017
By Dean Schwartz: The top 5 trends in promotional apparel for 2017 might not be ‘new’ to you, but they’re new to a good chunk of the world in the custom promotional products world/market. But everyone’s favorite New Year’s slogan (or favorite slogan to mock, depending on which side you’re on) is “New Year, New Me!” If it’s a mantra you love, there’s an obvious reason for it – a new year is a chance to actually try new things, or get a fresh start. And if you mock people who use it, that’s probably because you believe that you don’t actually need a new year to start new trends or try new things.
Nevertheless, this blog has trends that are going to be around for a while, and not just 2017. Here are the SOBO Concepts Top 5 Trends in Promotional Apparel for 2017!
1. Short Sleeve Sweatshirts: Turns out, the short sleeve sweatshirt is cool again, and not just for Bill Belichick (hey, I live in Boston now. You know I had to drop his name at some point). In particular, it’s become a fashion trend for women, and the style ranges anywhere “From basic fleece to short cropped tops, the fleece short-sleeve sweatshirt is an item every girl should have in her closet,” says Jamie Henry, product development manager at Boxercraft.
2. Sporty Scuba Necks: Don’t worry if you didn’t know this was called a ‘scuba neck.’ Nevertheless, you’ve seen this look before. High end sports apparel brands have been after this look recently, and that’s made it hot again. Plus, they’re great for keeping warm, and they can be designed as pull-overs or zip-ups. Up to you!
3. Insect-Repelling Apparel: Maybe it was the Zika scare of 2016, or maybe it’s just smart fabric getting smarter. Now, there’s fabric tech that repels just about any pest you can think of – mosquitoes, ants, flies, ticks, you name it. Practical and sporty is a great combo.
4. Pink is Back: Okay, maybe it never left. But Jennifer Tsai of Tri-Mountain says: “This quintessentially feminine color is everywhere. It ranges from pale pink, to blush rose and bright magenta.” It’s a perfect color for October’s breast cancer awareness push, but has a play all year round now.
5. T-Shirts Go Classic – Again: It used to be that only ‘bros’ wore ringer tees or three-quarter sleeve baseball style shirts, but they’re gaining cross-gender appeal and becoming fashionable again. Plus, they’re getting better with newer fabrics, including moisture wicking and cooling fabrics. It basically takes the old, but makes it new again – and better!
What’s on your radar for 2017 promotional apparel? This is what’s on ours, but of course that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Comment below with any questions, or call us at 888.752.0432 to start talking!
Stay Hip to the Latest SWAG Trends - Sign Up For Our Newsletter!