Case Study: How to WOW Attendees at Yearly Mastercard Conferences
By Dean Schwartz (SWAG Master): Mastercard asks their bank customers and other partners to Miami every year for an eventful showcase to review their vision and provide a status update for the company. In addition to the amazing guests they ask to speak at the event, Mastercard also builds a break-out area populated by booths to introduce upcoming products or services. Let’s review how SOBO helps them achieve their success every year.
How to WOW Attendees at Yearly Mastercard Conferences
In order to encourage attendees to learn as much as possible about the new features they’re highlighting, Mastercard awards points for every pitch they attend.
- SOBO needed to create a series of products that attracted attendees to each booth and encouraged them to earn as many points as possible.
- We must select various prizes at different values to ensure that a person who attended twenty presentations would be rewarded better than someone that only attended one.
For the 2019 conference, SOBO created the following items, among others…
- A custom backpack complete with a sleek look and various features such as
- 2 exterior bottle holders that may be zipped closed at any time for a sleek modern look.
- A combination lock for the main compartment for added security.
- Water-resistant exterior fabric, including water-tight zipper closures.
- External USB connector for easy access to charge your devices
- An RFID blocking pocket for passports to prevent info theft
- Custom material on the inside of the bag that had a repeat Mastercard logo pattern throughout as well as embroidered logos on the exterior and one of the straps.
- Custom bluetooth headphones with case and Mastercard’s own custom sound:
- Mastercard’s new custom sonic sound played whenever the headphones were turned on.
- Custom branding was also included on the headphones and the case.
- A branded 10,000 mAh charger that operated both wirelessly and through a wired connection.
- Insulated branded wine tumblers
- Branded tech kit to hold charging cords, chargers and other misc. tech gear.
- A USB hub created in the shape of the Mastercard logo and presented in custom packaging.
- A customized inverted umbrella that allows easy closure when entering a building or automobile.
- A fun branded phone holder that also acts as a fidget spinner.
- Branded bluetooth wireless charging pads that also works as a bluetooth speaker.
- Custom Chipolo trackers that can be used to help find lost keys, wallet, or even your dog.
- We’re in our third straight year supplying Mastercard with the products for this program.
- Most items sell out year after year, implying that the attendees acquired enough points to “purchase” the items.
- Since the attendees consistently earn enough points, they’re also learning about all of the amazing and innovative Mastercard products being introduced each year.