How to SWAG: 10 SWAG Commandments
By Dean Schwartz (SWAG Master): Did you know how to SWAG? By SWAG we are talking about promotional products, of course. There are lots of ways to make great SWAG but there are some overarching rules you should abide by. We like to call them the “10 SWAG Commandments”.
Moses may not have brought them down from the mountaintop, but you are going to want to follow these SWAG commandments. Follow these “laws” and put your promotional marketing strategy on the straight and narrow. But remember the most important commandment, thou shalt SWAG with style!
How to SWAG: The 10 SWAG Commandments
- Thou shalt NOT procrastinate. SWAG works, so what are you waiting for? Make sure to give yourself enough time before your next campaign or event. Starting early means more room for creativity, more time for fulfillment, and cost savings. If you need help getting started, SOBO is just a call away at 888.752.0432.
- Thou shalt request samples. Pictures can be deceiving, and many times pictures don’t pick up all the detail we put into our design and products. Also, promotional items engage all five senses. You will want to see, touch, smell, listen, and sometimes even taste your product before you order 1,000 units.
- Thou shalt NOT be cheap. No one likes a poorly made product, and let’s face it, some promotional products are cheap. SOBO will help you weed out cheap products and make sure your brand is represented well.
- Thou shalt keep it real. Simply put, be yourself. Don’t try to be something you’re not or force your brand into a particular mold. To quote Oscar Wilde, “Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
- Thou shalt be creative. Thinking outside the box can be hard, and daily routines and proximity to our work can create tunnel vision. But SOBO is here to help! We can help you break out of the mundane and create something your clients will truly remember because creativity is our specialty.
- Thou shalt save more. Simple equation, buy more = save more. We understand that the bottom line matters, so to help save some cash, capitalize on volume discounts. SOBO can help you navigate through different products to ensure you meet your budget goals.
- Thou shalt pay attention. Details matter! How large is your logo going to be? What’s the logo location? How will the printing work? All the details can be overwhelming, but don’t worry SOBO is here to help. We can help you think through every last detail.
- Thou shalt be secure. Make sure your SWAG provider stands behind their work. Stuff happens. Products get damaged during shipping, something is defective, or the colors don’t look right. No matter what happens, you want to be confident your supplier will make it right, and at SOBO we will do whatever is necessary to make you happy.
- Thou shalt integrate messaging. Your marketing mix should include promotional products, and your promotional products shouldn’t stand alone! Align your marketing efforts so that your messaging is consistent across all mediums, including your promotional items.
- Thou shalt take a chance. Sometimes playing it safe is the right thing to do. But sometimes you need to swing for the fences. Take a shot at creating something memorable because you will never know if you don’t try.
Put the 10 SWAG commandments into action! Etch them in stone, or just pin them up at your desk, and make sure to email email@example.com or call 888.752.0432 for all your SWAG needs.