Top 5 SWAG Mistakes Companies Make
By Dean Schwartz (SWAG Master): Having been in the industry so long, SOBO has seen quite a few mistakes made with promotional products. Let’s review the 5 most common below, and how you’ll want to avoid that in the future.
1. Not having clear objectives as to why they’re giving something away. Are you trying to launch a new product, drive traffic to your website, get email addresses, etc?
2. The give-a-way isn’t useful. Do they really need another pen or a koozie? Think about what your target audience will find useful. Even if you don’t want to spend a lot of money, there are useful options at every price point.
3. You didn’t tie the product to your company’s product or service. The product itself doesn’t necessarily have to be relevant but use a phrase on the product and/or include a tag that somehow cleverly ties everything together and is memorable.
4. Making multiple orders of small quantities. If possible, ordering larger quantities to use throughout the year can provide benefits including:
- Being able to customize the product more to reflect the company’s/brand’s unique personality by allowing us to source directly from the manufacturer.
- Lowering your cost per unit.
- Making sure you’re always prepared for that last minute need that always pops up.
5. Waiting until the last minute. This has become more problematic during COVID, as both suppliers and shippers have become increasingly unreliable and expedited services have been cancelled or can’t be guaranteed. Also, rush fees can make inexpensive products a lot more expensive and invariably you are forced to purchase something that won’t enhance your marketing or sales objectives.
If you avoid these 5 common mistakes when shopping for SWAG, then you’re off to the right start. The next step is to click below and reach out or email email@example.com to let us know you’re looking for memorable company #SWAGwithStyle!