Case Study: Creating One-of-a-Kind SWAG for AliMed
By Dean Schwartz (SWAG Master): We love creating #SWAGwithStyle that nobody has ever seen before, which is why this project for AliMed is still one of our favorites. Read below for more information.
The Challenge: To thank customers for their business but to stay top of mind for future purchases.
- AliMed, a leading medical supply company, wanted to send clients a gift to thank them for their first purchase but they also wanted the gift to stay on their desks to remind them of Alimed the next time they needed to make a purchase.
- They wanted the gift to be both fun and useful. After a series of probing questions, we learned that AliMed sometimes uses the image of a wagon to convey the fact that they offer 1000’s of different products.
The Solution: Ali, the robot, and his wagon
- We settled on an idea to create a wireless power charger that could sit on desks. Instead of the typical options, we decided to make the charger in the shape of a wagon.
- Once this was done, we felt that it might be a bit strange to have a wagon without someone/something pulling it. Initial ideas went to some sort of bobble head but we also didn’t want to give it a gender or even make it a dog and risk alienating all those cat lovers (LOL).
- Robots were a cool idea and we found the perfect option… We found a robot that not only was a bluetooth speaker but could also do a bit of a jig when the music was turned on (this feature can also be shut off).
- Now that we had the products, we also needed to find a fun way to package them and send them to customers… AliMed’s kick-ass designer created a graphic that we used both on the mailer box and custom card that was placed on the inside. Ali and his wagon were surrounded by black foam to protect them during shipping and also provide for a fun way to display them and help bring a smile to the recipients lips when they opened the box.
The Result: The free gift you produced for us is a huge success!! Everyone is loving it!
- It’s hard for us to get hard data from customers with quantifiable results in terms of repeat purchases or intent to purchase, which resulted because of this gift but we did receive the above quote from our client, which makes all our combined efforts worth it!
To get started on your own custom SWAG, please email info@SOBOConcepts.com or enter your email below to subscribe to our newsletter.