5 Tips to Help You Celebrate Earth Day From Home
By Dean Schwartz (SWAG Master): Over a billion people now participate in Earth Day activities, making it the largest civic observance in the world, according to EarthDay.org.
All of these people will take incremental steps towards improving our current climate projections. 99% of scientists now agree: we must make drastic changes or risk the end of the human race as we know it. That may sound over-dramatic, but the sad fact is that it’s simply the stone-cold truth.
So, what can we do? You can scroll our eco-friendly SWAG from our catalog. Or, click here for a more up-to-date presentation of sustainable SWAG.
OR, If you’re hoping to join the billion people worldwide, here are 5 tips to celebrate Earth Day at the office.
5 Tips to Celebrate Earth Day in the Office
- Cut Out Plastic: plastic water bottles are so 2009- we know better now! Invest in a reusable water bottle. If you don’t have one yet then do your best to avoid plastic products for the entire day.
- Reduce Paper Waste: the simplest way to achieve this is to “think before you print”. In most cases, you’re able to email whatever you’re working on, but if you must print something then choose BOTH sides. Double-sided prints will limit waste.
- Use Public Transportation or Carpool: if you do this already, congrats! You’re doing your part every day and our future generations will thank you. Carpooling or using public transportation is the surest (and perhaps easiest) ways o reduce your carbon footprint.
- Turn Your Lights Off: if your house has any windows with sunlight shining through, utilize it. Take advantage of natural light during the day and cut back on using electricity. You’ll save both money and the world in the process!
- Shut Down for the Day: once your work day begins to wind down and you’ve successfully achieved steps #1-4, take this final step and turn off all unused electronics before you check out for the day. It may be tempting to simply leave it or turn it to sleep mode, but an actual “shut down” is infinitely more environmentally friendly. Not to mention, you’ll notice the savings on your electric bill.
Time to Take Action!
SOBO attempts each of these steps every day, and we encourage your company to do the same. While these 5 simple acts may seem insignificant, they make a world of a difference when entire office buildings partake.
While it may be too late to order SWAG for this year’s Earth Day SWAG in time for Monday, instead you can attempt these 5 steps, and you’re always welcome to order products from our eco-friendly catalog so that your company can be considered “sustainable” in the future!
Call 1.888.752.0432 or email email@example.com if you’re interested in learning more about how our SWAG can help you achieve your goal of becoming more environmentally conscious, one step at a time.