Case Study: Emerge Americas Tech Week | Creative Trade Show Giveaways
One of the things we say over and over on the pages of this blog is that we’re not your run-of-the-mill, slap a logo on pens and t-shirts type of SWAG company. Not even close. But it’s something we feel the need to repeat from time to time because we know how hard it can be for a message to sink in. Thankfully, this week’s blog is a case study that hammers home the point.
We recently did some work for Emerge Americas Tech Week – a tech event where entrepreneurs and tech tycoons alike meet for a week long celebration of all things tech. They bring together the entire South Florida and Latin American tech community under a big tent and then shine a global spotlight on the tech ecosystem. And we had a front row seat.
By the time you’re done reading this, you’ll understand why SOBO Concepts is without a doubt your only strong option for trade show SWAG. Take a look at this list – and yes, take a look at the pictures – of the items we produced for the Emerge Americas event:
- The main credential was made from engraved wood. Believe it or not, it took a good 15 minutes to engrave both the front and the back of each one. And the proof of quality is in the work.
- The credential is only part of the package. The lanyard for the wooden credential was made from natural cotton with a high-end bull-dog clip.
- The VIP credential was made from engraved black anodized metal, for a truly edgy look that literally turned heads, having people wonder who exactly was VIP enough to get that credential.
- The VIP credential lanyard was a made from two different materials – nylon on the bottom with a jacquard woven fabric on the top to give it a high-end look that matched the credential itself.
- Plot twist! Both the wooden and metal credentials had a hole in the bottom to accommodate an additional item – 8-bit black matte sunglasses! Each featured a tone-on-tone Emerge logo imprint, and each registrant received one.
- So the registrants looked good, but what were they going to do with all of their goodies? Participants also received a laminated, non-woven messenger bag with a full-color imprint throughout. Although these bags are extremely economical, they allow for really cool decoration and the ability to be super creative with the design all at the same time. Fashion meets function.
- We also did other full-color plastic credentials for PRESS/STAFF/SECURITY – All non-applicable titles were crossed off with a red permanent marker, except for the correct descriptor, to make it crystal clear who was who.
- Tech summit badges and speaker and exhibitor badges were also made from a plastic with 4-color print on both sides.
- Uniforms consisted of screen-printed performance polos for the registration staff, and multiple designed t-shirts for the other staff that looked more like department store fashion than professional garb for a trade show. In reality, it was able to be both with ease.
- Certain VIP guests received a black leatherette journal with a black elastic closure and an expandable back pocket – similar in look to the Moleskine notebooks but more economically priced. High-end debossing was used to embed the he emerge/Techweek logo on to the cover. In addition, the book came with a rubberized, rectangular-shaped pen that hooked conveniently into the spine of the journal for an all-in-one journal that anyone would want to carry along. Or drop inside their event tote messenger bag.
- VIPs also received Nike performance polo shirts with a high-end polo player-esque screen imprint on both the front and back.
- VIPs all received small, hard enamel pins with the emerge logo.
- Lastly, we did these fun cartoon-style messenger bags that were used as rewards for those that participated in the launch business competition – see for yourself how cool they were. We almost wish we had some left over for ourselves!
Seeing is believing. If you never thought a SWAG company could capture the essence of your brand – or the whole vision of your event – then you’ve never met SOBO Concepts. We don’t just idly participate as logo masters. We’re creators. We’re marketers. And we love what we do.
Before we go, I want to give a special shout out to Thomas Camy, Emerge’s Creative Director, who was without a doubt one of the most creative people we’ve ever worked with. Thanks for helping us unleash the power of collaboration!
Call SOBO Concepts today at 888.752.0432.
Stay Hip to the Latest SWAG Trends - Sign Up For Our Newsletter!